Dear Professor Kusljugic,
We are honoured to be the new Vice Presidents on the ESC Board and we are looking forward to the next two years of liaising with you.
As our new President, Prof. Stephan Achenbach, said in his inaugural speech ‘only together can we achieve our full strength’. We echo his emphasis on collaboration and unity as these values are at the core of the work we do together within our 57 countries. You are a large and important part of the European Society of Cardiology and your input is invaluable.
What better place to begin our work together than on our largest collaborative project - next year’s ESC Congress. Although the format of ESC Congress 2021 has not yet been finalised, your session proposals are essential to enable the Programme Committee to start working on the scientific and educational content. Your expertise and national insights are invaluable to the diversity of the programme. The deadline is 9 October.
Should you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We are here to listen and act on your behalf.
ESC Vice Presidents
* Priority News *
ESC Board 2020-2022
Discover the new ESC Board under President Stephan Achenbach.
* Guidelines endorsement and translation *
The ESC published four new Clinical Practice Guidelines during ESC Congress 2020.
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Non-ST-Segment Elevation in Acute Coronary Syndromes
- Sports Cardiology and Exercise in Patients with CVD
- Adult Congenital Heart Disease
We now invite you to endorse and translate them. Find out more.
ESC Guidelines Survey
Only you know how well ESC Clinical Practice Guidelines are applied in your country. Help us assess to what extent they are applied and potential barriers to their implementation. Please fill out the survey, if you have not already done so.
* Member News *
Continue to access resources from ESC Congress 2020 – The Digital Experience
Slides, videos and abstracts will be available on ESC 365 – the online cardiovascular library – from 1 October, exclusively for FESC and ESC Professional Members.
Encourage your members to sign up for these career-enhancing resources. Your members who are under 40 and in training benefit from a preferential rate to become an ESC Professional Member (€30).
ESC grants now open
The ESC provides more than €2 million in grants and fellowships to healthcare professionals throughout the year. Your members can now apply for: ESC Research Grants, ESC Training Grants, ESC Nursing Grants, EACVI Research Grants, and EACVI Training Grants. Find out more.
* ESC News *
Last chance to access your content
The ESC Congress digital platform will be open until 30 September. Take a few minutes to explore the pages created by other societies, reuse the content and presentations on your own page and browse the journal supplement from the NVVC. Access
World Heart Day 2020 - Get involved
It will be World Heart Day on 29 September, which is the perfect opportunity to support the World Heart Federation’s “#UseHeart to beat cardiovascular disease” campaign. The ESC is proud to support the WHF’s efforts and hope you will be able to contribute in your own countries.
Participate in an ESC registry
Take this chance to create robust data and scientific evidence.
TAVI registry - URGENT
Patients, who underwent TAVI in 2014 and before, can be enrolled in the Valve Durability registry. Please act as soon as possible - enrolment deadline is 31 December. Find out more.
We need patients who are or have been pregnant, and who have a prosthetic valve or aortic pathology, to take part in the Registry of Pregnancy and Cardiac Disease. Find out more.
* ESC Subspecialty News *
Recognition from ESC subspecialty communities
In addition to the FESC programme, three ESC Associations offer recognition for exceptional contributions to either research, training and teaching or clinical care. Share the opportunities with your subspecialty working groups.
EHRA-Arrhythmia Alliance Symposia @ HRC 2020
The Heart Rhythm Congress will host the joint session: 'The ventricular premature contraction' online, with Profs. John Camm, Jose Luis Merino and Elijah Behr. Please share the details with your Working Group for arrhythmia. More details.
* National Cardiac Society News *
- 29 September-1 October: Russian National Congress of Cardiology 2020 – Kazan
- 1-3 October: Irish Cardiac Society Annual Conference 2020 – digital congress
- 8-10 October: 25th Congress of the Slovak Society of Cardiology – Bratislava
- 15-17 October: Heart Days of the German Cardiac Society – Berlin – hybrid congress
- 15-17 October: 25th Congress of the Moroccan Society of Cardiology – digital congress
- 16-17 October: Congress of the Maltese Cardiac Society 2020 – digital congress
- 19-20 October: 67th Annual Conference of the Israel Heart Society – digital congress (new dates)
- 22-24 October: 41st Annual Congress of the Hellenic Society of Cardiology – Athens – hybrid congress
- 23-24 October: Annual Congress of the Slovenian Society of Cardiology – digital congress (new dates)
- 29-31 October: National Congress of the Spanish Society of Cardiology – digital congress
- 29 September: World Heart Day
- 30 September: ESC Congress platform closes
- 30 September: deadline annual application to Fellow of the ESC
- 9 October: Call for session for ESC Congress 2021
- 15 October: Applications for Fellow of EHRA and EACVI
- 30 October: Guidelines endorsement
- 31 October: EACVI grants
- 2 November: Applications for Fellow of HFA