Dear Professor Kusljugic,
Thank you to everyone who was able to join the ESC Board meeting this morning for the presentation of the public campaign – ‘You Can’t Pause a Heart’. If you were not able to attend, you can review the project slides here.
As many countries have to return to national and regional lockdowns, the ‘You Can’t Pause A Heart’ campaign offers a public website - www.cantpauseaheart.org - hosting a short film that clearly explains heart attack symptoms, as well as important facts and information for heart patients about managing their condition in the current COVID-19 context.
Campaign infographics are available for you to use in collaboration with patient and public outreach organisations in your own country and of course on your own communication channels. We will be translating the main campaign slogan into your national language and would sincerely appreciate your support in translating the other, detailed content and to then use this campaign to raise awareness in your country.
The ESC can provide the necessary support to adapt proposed translations to the campaign tools so you can communicate quickly and efficiently. Some suggestions for how you might use this campaign are included in this newsletter.
We thank you most sincerely for your support and we wish you a joyous festive season. We have a lot to look forward to, including a healthier and happier New Year starting with ESC Scientific Affairs Week in January and ESC Spring Summit in March 2021.
With best wishes,
You Can’t Pause a Heart
How you can use the campaign
Whether you already have similar campaigns running in your country or are looking to start something new, our aim is to support you in any way we can. Here are some practical tips for using this campaign:
- Share the video and website link on your social media channels, website and newsletters. You can download the video from the campaign resources page, or share the YouTube link.
- Consider translating the content of the campaign and reach out to the ESC to adapt the campaign tools with your translation
- Post the infographic and campaign messages on social media and encourage your members to share
- Contact your National Heart Foundation or Patient Organisations. Share the website link and encourage them to use the campaign
For more information or guidance, please contact us.
Spring Summit 2021
Your invitation from Prof. Achenbach to this sensational online event should have arrived in your inbox on 3 December.
Make sure that you are free on 4 and 5 March and don't forget to check your address so you can receive your very special gift!
ESC Atlas - call for 3rd edition
In order to continue this important project and make our mark on CVD policy throughout Europe, the ESC Atlas team still needs your help. The questionnaire for the third edition has been sent to you. Please contact the Atlas team if you have any questions.
EACVI Laboratory Accreditation Programme
Did you know?
EACVI has a Laboratory Accreditation Programme to recognise professional excellence in Europe. It raises the quality of standards of practice and equipment throughout the continent. Applications are welcome from your centres. Discover the benefits.
Congratulations to our colleagues in Spain, Turkey and Portugal for the most recently accredited Echo labs.
National Cardiac Society News
Congratulations to the newly-elected National Cardiac Society Presidents:
- Dr. Lilia Zakhama, Tunisian Society of Cardiology and Cardiovascular Surgery
- Prof. Assen Goudev, Bulgarian Society of Cardiology
- 17-20 December: 81st annual Congress of the Italian Society of Cardiology - digital congress
- 19-20 December: IX annual Congress of the Azerbaijan Society of Cardiology – digital congress
- 13-15 January: 31st European Days of the French Society of Cardiology – digital congress
For Your Member Newsletters
New rules for ESC training and nursing grants
Due to the pandemic, applicants can now apply to an institution in their own country, should they not be able to travel. More information.
ESC postgraduate courses with ESC grants/scholarships
MSc in Clinical Trials from Oxford University
Over a two-year period, this course will provide participants with in-depth training and understanding of how to plan and conduct randomised clinical trials. Applications are now open for the October 2021 intake. More information.
- Applications for the ESC Educational Grant must be finalised before 8 January 2021
Executive MSc Health Economics, Outcomes and Management in Cardiovascular Sciences
Organised with the London School of Economics, this course prepares students to explore new advisory, management and leadership roles within the healthcare field. Applications for the December 2021 programme are now open. Find out more.
- The ESC is providing 15 scholarships covering half of the tuition fees
New resources on ESC 365
ESC Digital Health Week
Catch up on key sessions from ESC Digital Health Week
- Devices and mobile applications in cardiology
- AI in cardiology: present and future
- Remote monitoring and consultation in 2020
All documentaries and slides are available on ESC 365 - the unique online library. Access them using your My ESC account. Watch now